Well the peeps seem to be leaving me home alot lately. They keep talking about heading into "the city" which certainly doesn't appeal to me - when I can stay in the little house and sleep in the sun instead. When they come home it seems like all they talk about is the food - crab cakes and etoufee and bread pudding made with sweet potatoes and praline sauce. They also came home one night with powdered sugar on their clothes, talking about stopping at Cafe Du Monde for Beignets and Cafe Au Lait. I prefer my fancy feast and am not sure what all the fuss is about, since I can stay here and demand it whenever I want. Dr. Lucy says I can eat whatever I want - as long as I gain some weight - so I am working on that.
On one of their trips they came home saying that they had gone to the French Quarter and meet up with Amy and Rita. That sounds like fun - Amy was my buddy when she stayed with us this fall for awhile. But they didn't mention Angel, the Great Pyrennes who goes everywhere with Amy. I wonder if I will get to see Angel - she does tend to hover when I go outside - they said something about her being a breed that protects flocks of sheep for their job. All I know is that when I walk around she follows me everywhere - I can hardly turn around without running into ( or rather under) her. Even with this odd trait it still would be fun to see a friend from home when I am down here in the south.
The weather here has been great - it has been in the 60's and sometimes the 70's during the day. This is perfect for me - I can go outside on my leash and watch people walk by with their dogs and see an occasional cardinal fly by ( I would never try to catch one - that would be too much work for some one of my advanced years. Besides, as I mentioned, there seems to be an unlimited supply of my dry food, with bits of fancy feast thrown in when I beg.) I hear that it is cold in MN - someone said it was not getting above 10 degrees - that is too cold for me, so I think I'll just stay here awhile longer.
Another Whiskery Selfie from The Murph
8 hours ago
Butch, buddy! No offense, but you have been slacking on the bloggin a bit. Glad to have you back online and glad you get some more fun in the sun before you have to head back to the arctic. Bummer, though, about losing Anne to work. Hope you are keeping Linda company and calling Anne frequently with encouraging you miss her meows. I am home alone with David, the mamas deserted us for some stuffy social work research conference and a visit to her mom's. Last I heard she was just desperate to get back to us! Anyway, keep up the blogging and, if ever you get the chance, it would be really cool of you to slip me some of that facny feast business as there is quite a shortage of food for me....
ReplyDeleteAnyway, until next blog!
Turtle