Monday, January 24, 2011

Linda just came back from doing her "job" as camp host. Oh boy! She always has a few caustic comments about the job, park staff, & campers. She says that the other host is an over achiever who hogs the John Deere Gator so when she gets to use it, she goes into the deep woods and swamps and picks up litter.

I guess it's been a while since any one has done that but I bet it looks a lot better without the plastic bags in the trees. So far she's found a garden hose, several baseballs, a basketball, 2 Frisbees, 2 white plastic buckets, about 25 or 30 five gallon buckets of general garbage (plastic & glass bottles and aluminium cans) and a couch. She said that she is very glad that she hasn't had to pick up any diapers, wedding dresses or bodies. I'm glad that she takes care of my litter too and that she doesn't react in the same way as she does in dealing with the human litter.

It's been a really really long time since I posted on this blog. Just about everything has been different than it used to be and so I am a bit in a tither. I know you don't believe that is possible. It isn't. I just thought that "tither" is a funny word.

As I said, everything is different. One day the peeps left and only Linda returned. The last time this happened Cousin Marte showed up but this time, no one else came. It's been just Linda and I for a long time. I miss Anne but since she's gone, I have more room to stretch out.

I get to go out every day if I want and it seems kind of warm. I don't like it if it's windy. The worst time was when Linda went to the store and while she was gone a big wind blew the awning down. Oh My! It was really loud.

Linda goes over to New Orleans a lot to explores the environs-whatever those are. I guess she eats (The Gumbo Shop, Crescent City Brewhouse , Mulate's, Cafe Du Monde and several other restaurants and listens to music. She came home one time with a CD of the Bonoffs. Then she found blues at the Funky Pirate and jazz at the Balcony Music Club. All of this is early in the day so that she can be home with me at night.

It's been quite cold for several weeks. This little trailer doesn't hold the heat at all so, I really like it when Linda is here to make sure the heater is working. It seems like it's warmer now that means that I'll get to go out
more often.

Here's something funny. Linda just discovered that she is living in a hallway.

I have to take a nap now. G'nite.

1 comment:

  1. Butch!!
    So glad you are back on the bloggersphere. We were beginning to wonder if you were sucked into a bayou blackhole or the like. Sounds like the adventure continues- but minus bodies, always good. You did not say how Linda's birthday was? I have been down for the count again for a bit with the old back and neck. However, my doctor is so wonderful she is giving me free acupuncture and laser treatments (and LOTS of treats) so I am getting better.
    Susie and I check this blog often and both miss you two and Anne. Oh, and David says 'Hi,' too.
    Love, Turtle

    ReplyDelete