Friday, July 15, 2011

The trip with no little house

I had the strangest thing happen earlier this month. The peeps packed up the Honda Hybrid instead of the big comfy 4 Runner and we all headed up north. Turns out that we were going to the little cabin with the dock. I really like it there so it was OK with me.

I had been feeling a little punky just before we left but when I got there it was like coming home. I was hungry and thirsty and loved being outside. Sometimes I just need to get away and re-group and Camp Van Vac is just the place. I also got to see my old buddies, Barkley and Nubbin. ( see my slide show for pics of them).

The weather was just about perfect all week so I spent a lot of time on the dock with the peeps. I know that a lot of folks think that cats don't like water but just sittin' on the dock and watching the world go by on the lake was just about my speed. Actually the peeps almost never left the dock but I need to go into the cabin and sleep quite a bit.

Fact is, I need to sleep now. (I'll post pics when I get a better connection).

No comments:

Post a Comment