Wednesday, June 23, 2010

It always is really hard for me to post about the last few days of one of my adventures. I'm sooo tired when I get home and sooo happy to be here that I can hardly wake up enough to eat, much less blog.

Anyhow the ride home was fairly low key without out much daytime activity. The first day, the Peeps had to stop in Cheyenne, Wyoming and do a little shopping at the Sierra Trading Post Outlet Store. I don't really see the attraction but they seem to have had a good time. The first night, we stayed in a nice little campground in Ogallala, Nebraska. It was called, Country View Campground and certainly had a view of the country. In fact, that's pretty much what you could see from there - country. A nearby pizza place delivered the worst pizza ever for their dinner that night. I was lucky to have kibbles and tuna. There was a lot of wind during the night and so the peeps didn't sleep as much as they would have liked. I just turned my ears under and snoozed away. I don't know why they don't do that.

The next day, we drove across Nebraska which, I must say is a bit boring after Colorado and stayed at another camp on the Platte River near Louisville, Nebraska. This was a very nice state recreation area right on the Platte River. One of the things that they failed to mention on the Ash Grove Cement Plant was right across the street and that it made a very loud droning noise all of the time. Also nearby was a rail yard that had a train pull through every thirty minutes. The peeps were REALLY grumpy about this and had to break out the ear plugs in order to get any sleep at all. I did OK except for their tossing and turning all night.

It was quite a fantastic adventure to the great state of Colorado. I wouldn't mind going back there sometime just to hang out and look at stuff (and sleep, of course.)

No comments:

Post a Comment