I have been quite happy the last few days. The peeps pulled into Mesa Verde RV and decided to stay a few days. We got here on Sunday and will be here until Friday morning. It's quiet except for the birds and the wind and so I have gotten to get in a lot of naps.
The main reason we are here is so that the peeps can visit Mesa Verde National Park. We are a long way from the top of the mesa where most of the cliff dwellings are tour-able and/or visible. The peeps have toured the ancient buildings of the Ancestral Puebloans, including Spruce Tree House and Long House. Most of the cliff dwellings are not open to the public and others require a more strenuous hike than my peeps care to attempt. One hike requires climbing three 15 foot ladders and crawling through a 18" tunnel. Not a likely possibility for these gals. None the less, they say that the architecture and culture of the many People who live in this area is quite wonderful.
The peeps were gone until really, really late on Tuesday night. They went to the Cortez Cultural Center . They saw Sharon French perform her play, "Black Shawl" which was a one woman show telling her family history, which included ancestors who were Navajo, Ute and Morman.
Guess there was some conflict there!
They hung around with me for a long time today while they had "fluids" checked in the RAV. Apparently putting in new transmission fluid is required after things start overheating as you pull a trailer through the mountains on a 90+ degree day - especially if you drive for 12 hours or so. Who knew? They also got some new brake pads so that they could go both up and down the mountains safely, while I sleep.
Tonight, they went off again to have a birthday dinner for Anne. It sounds like they had a good time and good food the Matate Room Restaurant at the lodge at the park. They still got home soon enough for me to have a little "outside time."
I'm really sleepy now and so I'll put some photos up and hit the sack. G'nite.
Another Whiskery Selfie from The Murph
8 hours ago
Hey Butch and Peeps. I had to drive to Colorado to be in the same state as you! Sadly, I am moving on again today for the bright lights of Vegas!!! I would love to see you when we are in the same state again (WI and MN are the same when you live in the Twin Ports....). Enjoy the rest of your trip. I love the stories.
ReplyDeleteButch! So glad you are back on the road and blogging your adventures. Sounds like the peeps found another cool place to explore- keep the pictures coming. I hope they brought your proper water receptacles and provide ample sunning spots for you in the mini house. Team Smallman is coming your way at the end of June, not sure what days yet, but we are all looking forward to seeing you! Oh, and I am doing great. Sleeping well, no pain, ornery, the usual. The mama says I am getting a little chubby but I think at age almost 16 and cancer positive I deserve a little extra indulgence, yes?
ReplyDeleteSee you soon!
Turtle
Anne - Happy Birthday!
ReplyDeleteHi Butch and Linda. Thanks for the posts!