Thursday, January 14, 2010

Big wheels keep on turning

Well - the peeps decided to kick it up a notch today. The alarm went off at 6:30 and we were on the freeway by 8 am. I got to walk out to the "rig" and sniff around on the grass (on my leash of course).Its a good thing because when we finally stopped tonight there was snow and ice!!!(Des Moines, IA).They say we drove 500 miles today- not sure what that means but I know both of the peeps drove and we hardly ever stopped unless we needed gas.

I saw a lot of big semi's go by us throughout the day - I wish I could ride in one of those someday!! There were lots of birds to watch yesterday and earlier today but by the time we got into Iowa most of the hawks and other cool birds were gone. I'm not sure that I mentioned this but yesterday when we went by Lake Village, AK ( in the SW corner of the state) there were a million birds- egrets, herons, all kinds of water birds including white pelicans - it was just amazing! I was glad that I was inside looking at them because some of those birds are big for someone my size!!

It is clear that we have now moved into another climate zone - I think I'll miss the sun and warm weather, but I'll also be glad to be home and see all of you again. Tomorrow we will be in Mpls and will leave the little house at the dealer to fix some things and store the trailer until spring. Then back to Duluth to try to dig out our sidewalk and for Anne to go back to work. The peeps keep saying I am a great traveler- which seems obvious to me - there is a lot to see through the windshield and I am happy to get to look around at all the new things out there in the big world. I can hardly wait to hit the road again this summer - who knows where we'll go then! Nite!

1 comment:

  1. Any plans for the summer trip yet? Will there be more blogging from you butch?

    ReplyDelete