Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Finally On The Road Again

Well the peeps are driving like crazy to try to make up for the 2 lost days we had getting the breaks fixed( you can see my comment to Turtle on the wild ride derailed post for more info on this).

They figured out that we need to cover 740 miles in the next two days in order to get home close to on time. Since we don't go over 55 miles an hour this is a lot of road time! It has been nice for me - since I have 8+ hours of sitting on a captive humans lap per day. The sun has been shining since we left Vicksburg, Mississippi this morning and now we have only about 90 miles to go before we get out of Arkansas and into Missouri tomorrow morning. There were a lot of places I wanted to stop today - like Toad Spit Park and Pig Trail Scenic Byway but the peeps were having none of it - just staying on the road. We are also staying in what they call a dry county but that makes no sense to me since I saw water everywhere I looked (when I actually woke up and looked out the window.)

I do think that one of the reasons we are so far behind is that we have gone through places that I know are really far away - today it was both London and Moscow (Arkansas) - that's got to be slowing us down!! Well that's all for now - time for my beauty sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment