Well its been an exciting few days for the peeps. They drove along the Gulf Coast yesterday and the day before and it was beautiful. Wednesday evening they saw a group (pod?) of dolphin swimming along the coast and watched them for quite a while. You just can't see that in Minnesota!
They also visited Apalachicola, which produces 10% of the nation's oysters. Of course Linda had oysters with 3 different sauces while Anne opted for a lovely salad of spinach, fresh mozzarella and jumbo shrimp - yummmm. They also took a pic of the oyster shells after they're shucked - which they move around with a front end loader - now that's a lot of oysters!
Today they left me ( again!) and went off to some place called Wakulla Springs State Park where they went on a boat ride. They saw lots of manatees, at least 15 alligators sunning themselves along the banks and some snakes and turtles ( you can see all these things in the pics attached to the blog). There were also a gazillion birds- very cool. I'm glad they didn't take me along because boats are not my favorite thing and I definitely don't want to meet an alligator or a manatee! They said that these springs produce millions of gallons of water each day and are over 300 feet deep - now that sounds just crazy to me!
I am just glad that the sun is out and its 75 degrees and I can sleep in the warmth of the little house - aahhh. Now that beats the snow I left behind!
Another Whiskery Selfie from The Murph
8 hours ago
Looks like a great trip!
ReplyDeletethat was me
ReplyDelete