Monday, December 28, 2009

Green Grass, No snow, 40+

Tonight I am in Russelville, Arkansas. We saw a gazillion hawks today sitting in trees and soaring over the fields.

There were lots of great things today, like the road side rests with the big trucks pulling in and out. They are so exciting. But, I gotta say, the best thing was the sunshine. It was so warm that I could actually nap in the back seat for a little while. That gave Anne a short break from holding me on her lap as she has done for the last 700 or so miles. It actually warmed up to 42 degrees ABOVE today. It seems like we may soon reach a place without snow.

We saw a great roadside statue as we went through southern Missouri - it had something to do with Morel Mushrooms whatever that is...my peeps were going to check out the website for freshmorels.com, all I know was that the mushroom was really big (30 feet tall) - I like things that I see on the road that are BIG!

We were late leaving this morning because one of the peeps lost some keys or something. It seemed to upset her quite a bit but it was OK for me because one of the peeps held me while the other one thrashed through the stuff. It was a really nice morning for me. Then, tonight they found the keys in the bag with the leftover bar-b-que they were having for dinner. Go figure.

The other great thing that I did today was sleep in the car while I was riding along. I actually had a dream and so I know it was a good sleep. I'm not giving out details about the dream.

I guess we have another day and a half on the road and then, the peeps have promised me a week near New Orleans.

No comments:

Post a Comment