Today we went to Missouri and so we continue to go south toward the warm; or so they say. It's still really quite cold but the sun was shining all day and so I got to soak some of it up while I rode.
There were still lots of cars in the ditches from past storms. The ice was still on the trees from last nights ice storm in Iowa. There were even more semi trucks on the road today.
I saw lots of hawks and even a deer running through a field of snow.
In Kansas City, the peeps had to drive all over, in and out of construction zones to find some kind of bar. It seems that there are bars everywhere but this was a special one that was run by Arthur called a Bar-B-Que. Pam and Kim told them about the burnt ends and so, they wouldn't pass up the chance to try them. The peeps raved and raved about it so, I guess it was worth it. They parked the little house in the sun so I was warm and the lock on the little house door thawed out and Anne could get her atlas. That made her sooo happy!!
I had another "first" today - I rode in an elevator. What a thing! I was just kind of smiling because a lady in the lobby had chucked my chin and suddenly, we were floating up. I guess it was ok though because now I'm lying on a bed, watching tv with my peeps.
Guess I'll go to sleep now. G'nite
Another Whiskery Selfie from The Murph
8 hours ago
Hi Butchie, just arrived back in St. Paul after a "wild ride" myself to Duluth/Superior for Christmas. Managed to stay ahead of the storm and had a wonderful time. I'm jealous of your adventure - I've always wanted an Airstream adventure. Hope you find warm weather soon but that is why God created Florida. Don't let the peeps cramp your style. Takes awhile for humans to loosen up on vacation. Safe trip to you. Anne U.
ReplyDeleteHi Butch, Annie and Linda:
ReplyDeleteWell, it's cold cold cold here in Duluth, but could be worse. Dewey is jealous of Butch's adventure and suggests Butch try out the engine if he gets cold... "Butch, don't listen to Dewey... stay off the engine!"
We're liking the blog and will continue to check back.
LJ