Today - I went outside for a long time in the morning. It seems we are surrounded by bayous. There is a lot of water still around from yesterdays rain. So much that our picnic table and fire pit are underwater. I don't really care 'cause there's plenty to explore without walking in the water.
My peeps were gone a lot today which was fine because I could get some serious sleep. From their conversation, I guess they walked somewhere to see the salt marshes on the edge of the lake and some big birds with long legs. They also went out to buy groceries and meet up with an old friend, Amy Nakamura. I hope she comes to see me. We go way back and it would be nice to see her again.
The birds and frogs and bugs and warm and sun are just great! I like all that stuff.
Tonight, it's New Year's Eve and I guess the local tradition is to set off a gazillion fireworks. I'm so glad my buddy Nubbin isn't here because she hates fireworks and apparently, a lot of dogs in the park agree. The fire works have been exploding since it got dark and the dogs have been barking ever since.
My peeps took a walk down to the lake this evening - it's a full moon with partly cloudy skies so, that seems to be something they like.
I hope next year is great for all of my friends. I don't think I'll be able to stay awake until midnight so, I'll just say g'nite.
Another Whiskery Selfie from The Murph
8 hours ago
State parks on the eve of the new year? I have yet to experience that!
ReplyDelete