Wednesday, December 30, 2009

I've been to Jackson

Last night was the first night they let me sleep in the little house. It was pretty darn good. The bed wasn't as high as in the motels so it was easy for me to get up in the night (about a dozen times). We were in a state park in southern Arkansas, Lake Chicot. It's the biggest lake in the state; an oxbow lake of the Mississippi River. Then in the morning, I got to go outside. Anne put my little harness on me and then I got to go outside for a walk. It was really great!

Today, we drove and drove and drove for 330 miles. Most of the time it was in heavy rain. At least it wasn't snow. We actually got to experience 55 degrees ABOVE!! Not bad for December. We drove through Arkansas, Mississippi and Louisanna.

I've seen a few egrets and herons but best of all was hearing and seeing song birds. How sweet they sing.

Tonight, we are in Louisanna at Fontainebleau State Park on the north side of Lake Pontchartrain. The peeps unhooked the trailer so that must mean that we'll be here for a few days. I think I'll just sleep, sleep, sleep. That is, if the critters don't keep me awake.

The peeps are talking about "exploring the area" for a few days. I hope I get to just stay in the little house with the TV and the wireless internet connection.

I've gotta download some pics now and then go to bed. G'nite.

No comments:

Post a Comment